Water Quality Program
Program Strategy: to emphasize conservation of soil, water and related natural resources, build trust, promote voluntary stewardship, and maintain economic vitality in Lincoln County.
The Water Quality Program is a core Lincoln SWCD service that provides a non-regulatory source of technical and financial assistance to assist agricultural and rural landowners with natural resource related issues. Lincoln SWCD's Watershed Specialist is on hand to provide personalized service to help landowners put in place good practices that are good for the farm and the local community. We are committed to developing trust and building a relationship with landowners that leads to results. One of our primary objectives is providing landowners assistance to ensure their property achieves regulatory requirements without the worry of getting in trouble with State agencies.
In general, picking up the phone is the quickest way to get started however, the following links may be useful for getting started:
- Technical assistance from Lincoln SWCD, getting started
- The current state of water quality in Lincoln County
- Oregon State rules and regulations governing water quality and agriculture
- Voluntary water quality conservation plans for your property
- State and federal grants and incentive programs that Lincoln SWCD and our partners help administer